AGENDA | SPEAKERS | PARTICIPANTS | PHOTO GALLERY | LOGISTICS
Organisations working in the domains of fisheries and aquaculture are limited by a lack of data and an inadequate awareness of how marine and maritime science can efficiently support them. 
ICT and e-infrastructures solutions for data access, harmonisation, analysis, and publication already exist: BlueBRIDGE is a quintessential example.
This BlueBRIDGE Workshop was an opportunity to hear practical testimonies from BlueBRIDGE VREs users operating in the Blue Growth sector on how the project's services supports their activities.
The workshop was a stimulating forum of practical exchanges for policy makers to understand what existing solutions the European Open Science Cloud can build on, and technological and user perspectives that can help merge these services together to make a winning product for the future to satisfy all stakeholders.
Along with demonstrations from aquafarming enterprises, international fisheries organisations, marine research institutes and e-infrastructure service providers, the workshop addressed the following questions:
- What is the role that data-driven science and innovation plays in the Blue Growth sector?
- How can European e-infrastructures concretely facilitate this role?
- Will the European Open Science Cloud benefit the Blue Growth Sector?
Around 50 participants from research organisations, government institutions and SMEs have attended the event.
All the presentations of the workshop are available here.
- Donatella Castelli, ISTI-CNR
- Pasquale Pagano, ISTI-CNR
- Leonardo Candela, ISTI-CNR
- Sara Garavelli, Trust-IT Services
- Linda De Santi, Trust-IT Services
- Anton Ellenbroek, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations